Timothy R. Lee | CFP®, Managing Director
Tim is a Managing Director and co-founder of Monument Wealth Management. He serves as the firm’s insurance specialist and also oversees the entire financial planning process as well as liability management for clients. His role includes a focus in estate planning, business funding, concentrated stock management, and pre-business sale planning. Tim is an active investor in early stage companies, and sits on the board of two privately held companies.
Prior to founding Monument Wealth Management, Tim spent eight years at Merrill Lynch, six of those as an advisor with The Northrock Group, a Global Private Client Group of Merrill Lynch headquartered in Washington, D.C., where he specialized in advising entrepreneurs and executives at public companies. Tim is frequently described as highly analytical and deeply focused. He cites his greatest accomplishment as his two beautiful children and wonderful family.
- Awarded designation of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
- “Top Advisor” based on assets under management, selected by Reuters (2008)
- Interviewed by, and published in, numerous national, personal finance and industry publications, including: The Wall Street Journal, TheStreet.com, Financial Planning, Research Magazine
- Regular contributor to U.S. News and World Report monthly blog “The Smarter Investor”
- Vice President, The Northrock Group, Merill Lynch, 2002-2008
- Vice President, Merrill Lynch, 2000-2002
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and International Affairs from Mary Washington College
- Economics, Finance and International Relations focus at the London School of Economics
- Lives in Arlington, Virginia with his wife Carolyn and their two children
- Hobbies include boating, skiing, woodworking
- Grew up in Abaco, Bahamas
- Trained youth in sailing, seamanship and environmental tolerance through the Boy Scouts of America High Adventure SeaBase program