Dean J. Catino | CFP®, CRPC®, Managing Director
Dean is a Managing Director and co-founder of Monument Wealth Management. He oversees the firm’s entire financial planning process and is the lead partner within Monument’s client operations, applying his twenty-five years of financial and leadership experience to focus on financial and retirement planning, cash flow analysis, asset allocation, tax review and estate planning. Prior to founding Monument Wealth Management in 2008, he was a financial advisor with Merrill Lynch in Washington, D.C., where he assisted in training new financial advisors.
Dean’s clients, many of whom are entrepreneurs and corporate executives, have noted his ability to explain a complex concept and make it incredibly understandable, and have described him as a consummate professional who truly cares about outcomes. Dean considers his greatest accomplishments to be building a successful financial advisory firm with his partners from the ground up, in addition to marrying his high school sweetheart and raising three beautiful and accomplished daughters.
- Awarded designation of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
- Awarded designation of Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor®by the College for Financial Planning
- Licensed insurance agent (life and health)
- Interviewed by, and published in, numerous personal finance and industry publications, including: Kiplingers Personal Finance, Washington Post, Private Wealth magazine
- Regular contributor to U.S. News and World Report monthly blog “The Smarter Investor”
- Vice President, Merrill Lynch, 2001-2008
- Regional Manager, TLC/Laser Vision, 1999-2001
- Regional Manager, B. Braun McGaw – 1983-1999
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Seton Hall University, with a concentration in Business Administration
- Lives in Fairfax Station, Virginia with his wife Sheila and their three daughters
- Multiple marathons completed for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training program
- Hobbies include fly fishing, golf, biking and running